MOBILE DRIVE XXS LEATHER
500GB - 2TB
# 56056, 56152, 56335, 56336buy
Meet one of the smallest mobile 2.5” drives in the world! When you want extra space left in your bag and on your desk is, the Mobile Drive XXS Leather is the perfect solution for you
YOUR IMPORTANT FILES ALWAYS AT HAND
You always have your business files and presentations with you. Freecom’s Mobile Drive XXS Leather is the ideal 2.5” mobile drive if you travel a lot. Or when you just need to have your files close by all the time. It fits every bag - it even fits your back pocket.
GUARANTEED TO TURN SOME HEADS
The form-fitting black leather sleeve with its refined orange stitching is a guaranteed eye-catcher. A unique concept for an external hard drive. Especially aimed at business executives, this is the mobile hard drive to have!
USB Recording – what is it?
The last few years more and more TV’s are equipped with one or more USB port(s). We have already grown accustomed to playing back photos and movies from a USB hard drive or USB stick on the TV. Now an additional USB feature has been added to TV sets – USB Recording. If you have recently bought a new TV there is good chance that it will support USB Recording, in particular when you have bought a mid range or high end TV.
USB Recording enables you to record programmes to an external storage device directly connected to your TV via USB. Your external HDD basically acts as a videorecorder. You can also use it to pause live TV.
Please note: Only European TVs have USB recording. US models have the feature disabled due to legal issues.
With USB Recording, your external USB hard drive becomes the replacement of your HDD/DVD recorder or even your VHS videorecorders.
What do you need?
First of all you need to check if your TV supports USB recording.
Setting up USB Recording on your TV
Once you have connected your external USB hard drive to the USB recording port of your TV you can move on to initializing the USB HDD with the TV.
1. Connect the USB HDD to a free USB port on the back of the TV.
2. The USB hard drive now needs to be formatted by the TV, meaning that all current data (if any) on the hard drive will be deleted. Most TVs will recognize that there is a USB HDD inserted and will prompt you to format the USB HDD automatically, but on some models you need to enter the menu and select “format HDD” (or something similar).
3. The HDD will be formatted in a proprietary format. Next to this, the HDD will be linked to this particular TV. You therefore cannot record a TV programme on one TV, disconnect the HDD and try to watch the programme on another TV or on a computer.
4. Most TV’s allow a maximum of 8 different USB HDD’s to be initialized on that particular TV set
5. To record a programme, simply press the <record> button on your remote control (it will then record the channel you are watching), or use the timer function (in combination with your Electronic Programming Guide) to schedule recording a future programme – this works on most TV’s even when the TV is off. To pause Live TV, press the <pause> button on your remote control. Please refer to your TV’s user manual for more details.
CAPACITY: 500GB, 1TB, 1.5TB, 2TB
INTERFACE: USB 3.0, also connects to USB 2.0**
HARD DRIVE TYPE: 2.5”, low noise, low power consumption
DATA TRANSFER SPEED SPECIFICATION: max. 5Gbit/s (USB 3.0), max. 480Mbit/s (USB 2.0), theoretical maximum data transfer speeds*
POWER REQUIREMENTS: power via USB port, no power adapter required
MTBF: 50.000 POH
DIMENSIONS: 11.3 x 8.6 x 1 cm
WEIGHT: 155 g
Operating temperature: 10° C / 35° C
Storage temperature: -20° C / 70° C
minimum system requirements
PC: Intel Pentium III / AMD Duron 900 MHz or higher, 256MB RAM (Vista: 512MB RAM) or higher, available USB port**, Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
MAC: Intel Mac, 256MB RAM or higher, available USB port**, Mac OS X v10.6 or higher
* The actual speed depends on the file size and computer performance and OS.
* * When connected to USB 2.0, the data transfer speed will be according to USB 2.0 specification.
• Freecom Mobile Drive XXS Leather (FAT-32 pre-formatted)
• Compact USB 3.0 connection cable
• Quick Install Guide
• Free unlimited helpdesk support
• Two years manufacturer’s warranty