MOBILE DRIVE Sq
500GB - 1TB From 99 €
# 56153, 56154, 56155, 56156buy
IT’S ALL ABOUT DESIGN
There is nothing standard about the Mobile
Drive Sq’s design. Flowing lines, rounded
edges, and a square form factor. This drive
really stands out from the crowd! Designed
by Arman Emami, winner of numerous
industrial design awards. The uniqueness of
the Mobile Drive Sq predominantly lies in its
shape. Rather than your standard external
hard drive box, this drive has an almost square
form factor and features organic shapes with
To prevent the drive from scratches and
fingerprints, the Mobile Drive Sq’s enclosure
cover is made out of stainless steel. The
surface has been sandblasted to give it an
exclusive look and feel. It will look stunning
next to your notebook!
CAN ALSO CONNECT TO YOUR TV
If your TV or settop box supports USB
recording and/or playback, you can connect
the Mobile Drive Sq to your TV and record
your favourite programmes and play them
back at your convenience. The Sq will look
perfect next to your TV.
USB Recording – what is it?
The last few years more and more TV’s are equipped with one or more USB port(s). We have already grown accustomed to playing back photos and movies from a USB hard drive or USB stick on the TV. Now an additional USB feature has been added to TV sets – USB Recording. If you have recently bought a new TV there is good chance that it will support USB Recording, in particular when you have bought a mid range or high end TV.
USB Recording enables you to record programmes to an external storage device directly connected to your TV via USB. Your external HDD basically acts as a videorecorder. You can also use it to pause live TV. Please note: Only European TVs have USB recording. US models have the feature disabled due to legal issues. With USB Recording, your external USB hard drive becomes the replacement of your HDD/DVD recorder or even your VHS videorecorders. What do you need? First of all you need to check if your TV supports USB recording.
> View compatibility list (PDF)
Setting up USB Recording on your TV Once you have connected your external USB hard drive to the USB recording port of your TV you can move on to initializing the USB HDD with the TV.
1. Connect the USB HDD to a free USB port on the back of the TV.
2. The USB hard drive now needs to be formatted by the TV, meaning that all current data (if any) on the hard drive will be deleted. Most TVs will recognize that there is a USB HDD inserted and will prompt you to format the USB HDD automatically, but on some models you need to enter the menu and select “format HDD” (or something similar).
3. The HDD will be formatted in a proprietary format. Next to this, the HDD will be linked to this particular TV. You therefore cannot record a TV programme on one TV, disconnect the HDD and try to watch the programme on another TV or on a computer.
4. Most TV’s allow a maximum of 8 different USB HDD’s to be initialized on that particular TV set
5. To record a programme, simply press the button on your remote control (it will then record the channel you are watching), or use the timer function (in combination with your Electronic Programming Guide) to schedule recording a future programme – this works on most TV’s even when the TV is off. To pause Live TV, press the button on your remote control. Please refer to your TV’s user manual for more details.
CAPACITY: 500GB , 1TB
INTERFACE: USB 3.0, also connects to USB 2.0*
HARD DRIVE TYPE: 2.5” SATA, low noise, low power consumption
DATA TRANSFER SPEED: max. 5000 Mbit/s (USB 3.0), theoretical maximum data transfer speed
POWER REQUIREMENTS: power via USB port, no power adapter required
MTBF: 50.000 POH
ENCLOSURE: stainless steel cover, pvc frame
DIMENSIONS: 12 x 12 x 1.05 cm (slimline) / 12 x 12 x 1.3 cm
WEIGHT: 195 g (slimline) / 210 g
Operating temperature: 10° C / 35° C
Storage temperature: -20° C / 70° C
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
PC: Intel Pentium III / AMD Duron 900 MHz or higher, 256MB RAM (Vista: 512MB RAM) or higher, available USB 3.0 or USB 2.0* port, Windows XP / Vista / 7 /8
MAC: PowerPC G3/G4/G5, Power Book G3/G4 or Intel Mac, 256MB RAM or higher, available USB 2.0 port*, Mac OS X v10.4.8 or higher
* When connected to USB 2.0, the data transfer speed will be according to USB 2.0 specification.
• Freecom Mobile Drive Sq
• USB 3.0 connection cable
• Quick Install Guide
• Free unlimited helpdesk support
• Two years manufacturer’s warranty