THE TOUGHEST DRIVE THERE IS!
In today’s world the safety of your digital files has become a key factor. People who are on the road carry their whole office with them. Laptop, mobile phone, tablet, external hard drive… Imagine what can happen when you’re late for a flight, running to the gate, and your external hard drive accidentally falls from your notebook case or out of your jacket pocket onto the floor… it breaks. Hundreds of hours of work, gigabytes of spreadsheets, documents, photo’s… all gone. Or even worse, you leave your hard drive on a train or in a taxi and all your confidential files are stolen, viewed and shared. Not anymore! The Freecom Tough Drive is the ideal external storage solution for people on the move. Fitted with an internal anti-shock frame and a unique soft silicone cover, it can withstand bumps and drops up to 2 meters so your drive is still fully functional after it has dropped. The Tough Drive ensures you can still access your valuable files. A safe feeling. Provided by Freecom.
- AES 256-bit hardware encryption - keeps your data fully secure if the drive is lost or stolen*
- Durable, soft silicone cover, ideal for mobile computing
- Internal anti-shock mechanism insulating the hard drive from shock
- IP54 - Dust proof and water resistant
- USB 3.0 for super fast data transfer – also connects to USB 2.0
- Integrated USB cable, no extra connection cables needed!
- Power via USB port, no power adapter needed
- Software included: Nero Backup Software, Green button energy saver, Password Protection, Hard Drive Eraser (for data protection), and Formatter (for easy formatting in FAT 32 / NTFS / HFS+)
- No fan - no noise
- All Freecom devices meet the highest industry standards
- Two years manufacturer's warranty and unlimited helpdesk support
*Encryption functionality not compatible to MAC OS systems
- SECURE DATA STORAGE - Use all your data, like business information, digital photos, videos, MP3s and withstand bouncing around in handbags, cars etc.
- FILE SHARING - Share all your important data between computers and networks
- BACKUP - Protect all your data against calamity, human errors and virusses
- ARCHIVING - Archive all your data and lock up drive for extra data security
- SOFTWARE INSTALLATIONS - Copy all your software on multiple PCs
CAPACITY: 500GB, 1TB, 2TB
DISK SPEED: 5400RPM
INTERFACE: USB 3.0, also connects to USB 2.0**
HARD DRIVE TYPE: 2.5” SATA, low noise, low power consumption
DATA TRANSFER SPEED SPECIFICATION: max. 5gbit/s (USB 3.0), MAX. 480Mbit/s (USB 2.0), theoretical maximum data transfer speed*
POWER REQUIREMENTS: power via USB port, no power adapter required
MTBF: 50.000 POH
DIMENSIONS: 14 x 8.3 x 1.9 cm
WEIGHT: 200 g
IP54: Dust proof and water resistant
Operating temperature: 10° C / 35° C
Storage temperature: -20° C / 70° C
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
PC: Intel Pentium III / AMD Duron 900 MHz or higher, 256MB RAM (Vista: 512MB RAM) or higher, available USB port**, Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
MAC: Intel Mac, 256MB RAM or higher, available USB port**, Mac OS X v10.6 or higher. Encryption functionality not compatible to MAC OS systems
*The actual speed depends on the file size and computer performance and OS.
Drives that are 2TB or under are formatted in FAT32 allowing them to operate immediately on Windows and Mac OSx. Drives above 2TB are formatted in NTFS which is compatible for Windows systems but require Mac users to reformat the drive to HFS+ to make them fully compatible with Mac OSx operating systems. HFS+ formatting can be applied by using the Freecom VHD Formatter which is on the drive.
** When connected to USB 2.0, the data transfer speed will be according to USB 2.0 specification.
- Freecom ToughDrive HDD
- Integrated USB 3.0 connection cable
- Quick Install Guide
- Free unlimited helpdesk support
- Two years manufacturer’s warranty