THE DRIVE THAT SETS NEW DESIGN STANDARDS
Who says all external hard drives look the same? Meet the new Freecom Mobile Drive Sq – the external hard drive that sets new design standards for an external storage device. Designed by acclaimed industrial designer Arman Emami from Germany, the Mobile Drive Sq features a unique organic design, like nothing you’ve ever seen before. Smooth lines and a square form factor. This drive looks stunning next to any notebook or computer, even next to your TV set. To make it less susceptible to scratches and fingerprints, the Mobile Drive Sq’s enclosure cover is made from sandblasted stainless steel. In short - the Sq is guaranteed to turn some heads!
Next to a differentiating design, the Mobile Drive Sq boasts the latest USB 3.0 interface, ensuring ultra fast transfer speeds compared to standard USB 2.0. The drive is fully downwards compatible with older USB 2.0 ports, so you can use it on any computer and be ready for the future at the same time! The Mobile Drive Sq is powered by the USB port, no need for additional long cables or power adapters. If you’re looking for an exclusive looking hard drive with matching performance and ultimate portability features, look no further - the Mobile Drive Sq is the drive to have!
- Mobile hard drive in stylish organic design
- High quality enclosure with stainless steel cover
- Also available in slimline version, only 1.05 cm thin!
- USB 3.0 for ultra fast data transfer speed. Can also be connected to USB 2.0 ports
- Including compact sized USB cable, no cable mess anymore inside your notebook bag
- Power provided by the USB port, no need to carry a bulky power adapter
- No cooling fan – ensures quiet operation at all times
- The perfect storage expansion for your notebook or desktop computer
- Including Nero backup software, Green Button power consumption application and FHD Formatting tool
- Two years manufacturer’s warranty and unlimited free helpdesk support
- DATA STORAGE : Use all your data, like business information, digital photos, videos, MP3s
- WITHSTAND BOUNCING : Withstand bouncing around in handbags, cars etc.
- FILE SHARING : Share all your important data between computers and networks
- BACKUP : Protect all your data against calamity, human errors and virusses
- ARCHIVING : Archive all your data and lock up drive for extra data security
- INSTALLATIONS : Copy all your software on multiple PCs
CAPACITY: 500GB , 1TB
INTERFACE: USB 3.0, also connects to USB 2.0*
HARD DRIVE TYPE: 2.5” SATA, low noise, low power consumption
DATA TRANSFER SPEED: max. 5000 Mbit/s (USB 3.0), theoretical maximum data transfer speed
POWER REQUIREMENTS: power via USB port, no power adapter required
MTBF: 50.000 POH
ENCLOSURE: stainless steel cover, pvc frame
DIMENSIONS: 12 x 12 x 1.05 cm (slimline) / 12 x 12 x 1.3 cm
WEIGHT: 195 g (slimline) / 210 g
Operating temperature: 10° C / 35° C
Storage temperature: -20° C / 70° C
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
PC: Intel Pentium III / AMD Duron 900 MHz or higher, 256MB RAM (Vista: 512MB RAM) or higher, available USB 3.0 or USB 2.0* port, Windows XP / Vista / 7
MAC: PowerPC G3/G4/G5, Power Book G3/G4 or Intel Mac, 256MB RAM or higher, available USB 2.0 port*, Mac OS X v10.4.8 or higher
Drives that are 2TB or under are formatted in FAT32 allowing them to operate immediately on Windows and Mac OSx. Drives above 2TB are formatted in NTFS which is compatible for Windows systems but require Mac users to reformat the drive to HFS+ to make them fully compatible with Mac OSx operating systems. HFS+ formatting can be applied by using the Freecom VHD Formatter which is on the drive.
** When connected to USB 2.0, the data transfer speed will be according to USB 2.0 specification.
- Freecom Mobile Drive Sq
- USB 3.0 connection cable