Ultra thin mobile hard drive in stylish design, complements the design of your MacBook.
- Magnesium enclosure: ultra lightweight, high quality, solid and environment- friendly material
- Connects to the USB port of your MacBook / U&F version also connects to the FireWire800 port of your MacBook
- Mac HFS+ formatted, immediately ready to be used on your MacBook and 100% Time Machine® compatible
- Power via USB port, no need to carry a bulky power adapter
- Excellent value for money
- No cooling fan, ensures quiet operation
- High quality and sleek design, only 12 x 8.1 x 1 cm or 12 x 8.1 x 1.5 cm
- Two years manufacturer’s warranty and unlimited free helpdesk support
- Solid - Magnesium has the best strength-to-weight ratio of any of the commonly used structural metals, has excellent dimensional stability and is highly impact and dent resistant
- Lightweight - Magnesium is the lightest of all the commonly used metals (50 to 60% lighter than aluminium)
- Cool - Magnesium has the same characteristics as aluminium - it keeps an enclosure cool, dissipates the heat - no noisy cooling fan required!
- Green - Magnesium is an earthly matter. It is produced from sea water, brines and magnesium-bearing minerals, which offer unlimited reserves.
The perfect mobile hard drive next to your MacBook!
The Freecom Mobile Drive Mg has been specifically designed as storage expansion for your MacBook. Available in capacities up to 750GB and in USB 3.0 and USB 3.0&FireWire800 versions, there will always be a Mobile Drive Mg which exactly suits your needs.
Ready for the future
The Mobile Drive Mg is equipped with a USB 3.0 interface. USB 3.0 is the successor of USB 2.0 and provides a theoretical transfer speed increase of 10x compared to USB 2.0! Don’t have a computer with USB 3.0 ports yet? Don’t worry - the Mobile Drive Mg is fully downwards compatible with USB 2.0 so you can use it without any problem on any computer with a USB 2.0 port.
Made from Magnesium
The enclosure of the Mobile Drive Mg is made from magnesium. Magnesium is a solid, lightweight, cool and environment-friendly material. Combined with the elegant and sleek design, the use of Magnesium has resulted in a perfect match for your MacBook
The Freecom Mobile Drive Mg is Mac HFS+ formatted and can be optimally used with your Mac from the moment you connect it to the USB port of your Mac or MacBook. It is 100% TimeMachine compatible, ideal for making backups of your important data!
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS FREECOM MOBILE DRIVE Mg:
CAPACITY: 320GB (Slim), 500GB (Slim), 750GB, 750GB (U&F), 1TB, 1TB (U&F), 1.5TB
INTERFACE: USB 3.0, Can also be connected to USB 2.0*
HARD DRIVE TYPE: 2.5” SATA, low noise, low power consumption. The slimline model uses a 7mm formfactor 2.5” SATA hard drive inside.
DATA TRANSFER SPEED: Max. 5000Mbit/s (USB 3.0) / max. 800Mbit/s (FireWire 800), theoretical maximum data transfer speeds
POWER REQUIREMENTS: powered by computer through USB port, no power adapter required
MTBF: 50.000 P.O.H.
DIMENSIONS: 12 x 8.1 x 1.2 cm
ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIFICATIONS: Operating temperature: 10º C / 35º C Storage temperature: -20º C / 70º C
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
MAC: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel Mac, 512MB RAM or higher, available USB port, Mac OS X v10.4 or higher This drive is Mac HFS+ formatted. For use on Windows computers the drive needs to be reformatted (formatting software tool included). * When connected to USB 2.0 port, the data transfer speed will be according to USB 2.0 specification.
Drives that are 2TB or under are formatted in FAT32 allowing them to operate immediately on Windows and Mac OSx. Drives above 2TB are formatted in NTFS which is compatible for Windows systems but require Mac users to reformat the drive to HFS+ to make them fully compatible with Mac OSx operating systems. HFS+ formatting can be applied by using the Freecom VHD Formatter which is on the drive.