THE TOUGHEST DRIVE THERE IS!
In today’s world mobility has become a key factor. People who are on the road carry their whole office with them. Notebook, mobile phone, PDA, external hard drive… Imagine what can happen when you’re late for a flight, running to the gate, and your external hard drive accidentally falls from your notebook case or out of your jacket pocket onto the floor… it breaks. Hundreds of hours of work, gigabytes of spreadsheets, documents, photo’s… all gone. Not anymore! Freecom introduces the Tough Drive. The ideal external storage solution for people on the move. Fitted with an internal anti-shock frame and a unique soft silicone cover, it can withstand bumps and drops up to 2 meters so your drive is still fully functional after it has dropped. The Tough Drive ensures you can still access your valuable files. A safe feeling. Provided by Freecom.
- Durable, soft silicone cover, ideal for mobile computing
- Internal anti-shock mechanism insulating the hard drive from shock
- IP54 - Dust proof and water resistant
- USB 3.0 for super fast data transfer – also connects to USB 2.0
- Integrated USB cable, no extra connection cables needed!
- Power via USB port, no power adapter needed
- Software included: Nero BackitUp, Green button energy saver, Password Protection, Hard Drive Eraser (for data protection), and Formatter (for easy formatting in FAT 32 / NTFS / HFS+)
- No fan - no noise
- All Freecom devices meet the highest industry standards
- Two years manufacturers warranty and unlimited helpdesk support
- DATA STORAGE - Use all your data, like business information, digital photos, videos, MP3s and withstand bouncing around in handbags, cars etc.
- FILE SHARING - Share all your important data between computers and networks
- BACKUP - Protect all your data against calamity, human errors and virusses
- ARCHIVING - Archive all your data and lock up drive for extra data security
- INSTALLATIONS - Copy all your software on multiple PCs
CAPACITY: 500GB, 1TB, 2TB
DISK SPEED: 5400RPM
INTERFACE: USB 3.0, also connects to USB 2.0**
HARD DRIVE TYPE: 2.5” SATA, low noise, low power consumption
DATA TRANSFER SPEED SPECIFICATION: max. 5gbit/s (USB 3.0), MAX. 480Mbit/s (USB 2.0), theoretical maximum data transfer speed*
POWER REQUIREMENTS: power via USB port, no power adapter required
MTBF: 50.000 POH
DIMENSIONS: 14 x 8.3 x 1.9 cm
WEIGHT: 200 g
IP54: Dust proof and water resistant
Operating temperature: 10° C / 35° C
Storage temperature: -20° C / 70° C
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
PC: Intel Pentium III / AMD Duron 900 MHz or higher, 256MB RAM (Vista: 512MB RAM) or higher, available USB port**, Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
MAC: Intel Mac, 256MB RAM or higher, available USB port**, Mac OS X v10.6 or higher
*The actual speed depends on the file size and computer performance and OS.
** When connected to USB 2.0, the data transfer speed will be according to USB 2.0 specification.
- Freecom ToughDrive HDD
- Integrated USB 3.0 connection cable
- Quick Install Guide
- Free unlimited helpdesk support
- Two years manufacturer’s warranty