FAST AND FLEXIBLE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
These days it’s all about speed, reliability and flexibility. More and more people work with large files such as DTP/graphical files and uncompressed video and audio. The need for an external hard drive with top speed and top reliability is more present then ever. The new Freecom Hard Drive Quattro provides it all. The new USB 3.0 interface provides you with the fastest data transfer speed to date for a single external hard drive. Connected to eSATA, the Hard Drive Quattro performs up to 6x times faster than a standard USB 2.0 hard drive. The FireWire800 & FireWire400 interfaces have been the standard for years in the Mac-world when it comes to external storage, providing a reliable and fast data transfer. Since USB 3.0 is fully downwards compatible with USB 2.0 you have the ultimate flexibility- you can connect the drive to any modern computer that does not have an eSATA or FireWire interface.
The Hard Drive Quattro comes in a stylish aluminium enclosure which will compliment the design of your PC or Mac, with the possibility to position it horizontally or vertically on your desk. The Freecom Hard Drive Quattro is pre-formatted so you’re ready to use your drive seconds after connecting it to your PC or Mac. At Freecom we create storage solutions from a consumer’s perspective, where convenience and quality are key factors.
PROFESSIONAL EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE WITH MULTIPLE HIGH SPEED INTERFACES
- External, no nonsense hard drive for professional and home use
- 4 interfaces in one drive, provides optimal flexibility, connects to any computer!
- FireWire 800 and FireWire 400, ideally suited for Mac users, ideal for reliable external storage and Audio/Video editing
- eSATA – ideal for professional Audio/Video editing and authoring of large, uncompressed files
- USB 3.0 – the fastest available interface to date, and thanks to the downwards compatibility you can also connect it to USB 2.0, still the most commonly used interface, connects to any modern computer
- High quality aluminium enclosure, recyclable material, puts less strain on the environment
- Optimal internal airflow management
- No cooling fan – no noise!
- Compact design, only 5.5 x14.8 x 4.3 cm, saves space on your desk
- Includes 2 rubber footstands for positioning the drive upright, taking up even less space on your desk
- Two years manufacturer’s warranty and unlimited free helpdesk support
CAPACITY: 1TB, 2TB, 3TB, 4TB, 8TB*
INTERFACE: USB 3.0 (can also be connected to USB 2.0**), eSATA, FireWire 800/400
HARD DRIVE TYPE: 3.5” SATA, low noise, low power consumption
DATA TRANSFER SPEED: max. 5000Mbit/s (USB 3.0), max. 3000Mbit/s (eSATA), max. 800Mbit/s (Firewire800), max. 400Mbit/s (FireWire400), theoretical maximum data transfer speeds
POWER REQUIREMENTS: AC adapter 12V/2A
MTBF: 50.000 P.O.H.
DIMENSIONS: 15.5 x 14.8 x 4.3 cm
WEIGHT: 1400 g
Operating temperature: 10º C - 35º C / Storage temperature: -20º C - 70º C
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
PC: Intel Pentium III / AMD Duron 900 MHz or higher, 256MB RAM (Vista: 512MB RAM) or higher, available USB 3.0, USB 2.0**, FireWire 800, FireWire 400 or eSATA port, Windows XP / Vista / 7
MAC: PowerPC G3/G4/G5, Power Book G3/G4 or Intel Mac, 256MB RAM or higher, available USB 2.0**, FireWire 800 or FireWire 400 port, Mac OS X v10.4.8 or higher
The Hard Drive Quattro is standard pre-formatted in FAT-32, for immediate use on both Windows and Mac computers. Due to limitations of the FAT-32 file format system, the 3TB version is NTFS formatted (Windows). Mac users need to reformat the drive to HFS+ file system, for more details see the addendum sheet inside the retailbox. When connected to USB 2.0, the data transfer speed will be according to USB 2.0 specification
- Freecom Hard Drive Quattro (FAT-32 pre formatted*)
- Power adapter (EU, UK)
- eSATA connection cable
- FireWire 800 & FireWire 400 connection cables
- USB connection cable
- Manual & Software preloaded on the drive
- Quick Install Guide