DUAL DRIVE NETWORK CENTER
2TB - 4TB From 129 €
# 34830, 34831, 34832, 34603buy
The Dual Drive Network Center is an easy to use network drive with two hard drives inside for multiple configuration options. For example, it can be configured in such a way that one drive backs up the other – so if one of the drives fail, you will always have a copy of the data on the other drive. Rest assured, your documents, photos, movies and music will not be lost!
The hard drives of the Dual Drive Network Center can be easily removed from the enclosure, so you can replace the drives to increase the capacity if necessary. Removing the drives is simple: at the rear of the device, unlock the removable rack and slide out the drive. The internal drive is mounted to the removable rack with four easy to locate screws. Changing the drive really is child’s play!
The central station
The Dual Drive Network Center is the ideal central storage location for all your files. Install the drive on your network to give all connected computers access to the drive. It will show up as an extra drive letter in your operating system. Put your audio or video collection on the drive, and play back your favourite music, movies or photos directly from the drive on any connected computer or supported Audio/Video playback device. It’s as simple as that!
USB Recording – what is it?
The last few years more and more TV’s are equipped with one or more USB port(s). We have already grown accustomed to playing back photos and movies from a USB hard drive or USB stick on the TV. Now an additional USB feature has been added to TV sets – USB Recording. If you have recently bought a new TV there is good chance that it will support USB Recording, in particular when you have bought a mid range or high end TV.
USB Recording enables you to record programmes to an external storage device directly connected to your TV via USB. Your external HDD basically acts as a videorecorder. You can also use it to pause live TV.
Please note: Only European TVs have USB recording. US models have the feature disabled due to legal issues.
With USB Recording, your external USB hard drive becomes the replacement of your HDD/DVD recorder or even your VHS videorecorders.
What do you need?
First of all you need to check if your TV supports USB recording.
Setting up USB Recording on your TV
Once you have connected your external USB hard drive to the USB recording port of your TV you can move on to initializing the USB HDD with the TV.
1. Connect the USB HDD to a free USB port on the back of the TV.
2. The USB hard drive now needs to be formatted by the TV, meaning that all current data (if any) on the hard drive will be deleted. Most TVs will recognize that there is a USB HDD inserted and will prompt you to format the USB HDD automatically, but on some models you need to enter the menu and select “format HDD” (or something similar).
3. The HDD will be formatted in a proprietary format. Next to this, the HDD will be linked to this particular TV. You therefore cannot record a TV programme on one TV, disconnect the HDD and try to watch the programme on another TV or on a computer.
4. Most TV’s allow a maximum of 8 different USB HDD’s to be initialized on that particular TV set
5. To record a programme, simply press the <record> button on your remote control (it will then record the channel you are watching), or use the timer function (in combination with your Electronic Programming Guide) to schedule recording a future programme – this works on most TV’s even when the TV is off. To pause Live TV, press the <pause> button on your remote control. Please refer to your TV’s user manual for more details.
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS FREECOM DUAL DRIVE NETWORK CENTER:
HARD DRIVE CAPACITY: depends on model, please check label / sticker on box
HARD DRIVE TYPE: 2x 8.9 cm / 3.5” SATA in removable rack, low noise, low power consumption (“Drive In Kit” model is shipped without hard drives inside)
INTERFACE: LAN 10/100/1000Mbps, USB 2.0 Host
PROCESSOR: ARM9-CPU, Linux kernel
SUPPORTED PROTOCOLS: TCP/IP, FTP, SMB, Gigabit Jumbo frames, DAAP
FIRMWARE UPGRADABLE ENCLOSURE: high quality, robust heat absorbing aluminium, with ultra silent temperature controlled dual ball bearing cooling fan
DIMENSIONS: 20 x 15.9 x 9.3 cm
WEIGHT: 2600 g (incl. 2 hard drives) / 1350 g (without hard drives)
Operating temperature: 10º C / 35º C
Storage temperature: -20º C / 70º C
Gradient temperature: 20°C / hour (max.)
Humidity Operating temperature: 8 - 80% (non condensing)
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR DRIVE AND COMPLEMENTARY SOFTWARE:
PC: Pentium-III / AMD Duron 900MHz or higher, 256MB RAM (Vista: 512MB RAM) or higher, CD-ROM drive, available LAN port (10/100/1000Mbps), Windows XP / Vista / 7 /8
MAC: Power PC G3/G4/G5, Power Book G3/G4 or Intel Mac, 256MB RAM or higher, CDROM drive, available LAN port (10/100/1000Mbps), Mac OS X v. 10.4 or higher
After installing in a computer environment, the drive can be accessed by any Windows/ Mac/Linux computer connected to this particular network that can run a browser and FTP or Windows File Sharing.