MOBILE DRIVE XXS
500GB - 1TB From 99 €
# 31454, 35189buy
Looking for the highest possible capacity in the smallest possible size? Meet the smallest mobile drive in the world! The Mobile Drive XXS is the perfect solution for you.
Your important files always at hand
Freecom’s Mobile Drive XXS is the ideal mobile hard drive if you travel frequently. Or when you just need to have your files nearby at all times. Store them on your XXS and always have your business and personal files with you.
Get a grip!
The Mobile Drive XXS – designed by the young and talented, multiple award -winning Belgian designer Sylvain Willenz is made out of rubber which not only provides a stylish look, but also gives the necessary grip to avoid dropping your hard drive.
USB Recording – what is it?
The last few years more and more TV’s are equipped with one or more USB port(s). We have already grown accustomed to playing back photos and movies from a USB hard drive or USB stick on the TV. Now an additional USB feature has been added to TV sets – USB Recording. If you have recently bought a new TV there is good chance that it will support USB Recording, in particular when you have bought a mid range or high end TV.
USB Recording enables you to record programmes to an external storage device directly connected to your TV via USB. Your external HDD basically acts as a videorecorder. You can also use it to pause live TV.
Please note: Only European TVs have USB recording. US models have the feature disabled due to legal issues.
With USB Recording, your external USB hard drive becomes the replacement of your HDD/DVD recorder or even your VHS videorecorders.
What do you need?
First of all you need to check if your TV supports USB recording.
Setting up USB Recording on your TV
Once you have connected your external USB hard drive to the USB recording port of your TV you can move on to initializing the USB HDD with the TV.
1. Connect the USB HDD to a free USB port on the back of the TV.
2. The USB hard drive now needs to be formatted by the TV, meaning that all current data (if any) on the hard drive will be deleted. Most TVs will recognize that there is a USB HDD inserted and will prompt you to format the USB HDD automatically, but on some models you need to enter the menu and select “format HDD” (or something similar).
3. The HDD will be formatted in a proprietary format. Next to this, the HDD will be linked to this particular TV. You therefore cannot record a TV programme on one TV, disconnect the HDD and try to watch the programme on another TV or on a computer.
4. Most TV’s allow a maximum of 8 different USB HDD’s to be initialized on that particular TV set
5. To record a programme, simply press the <record> button on your remote control (it will then record the channel you are watching), or use the timer function (in combination with your Electronic Programming Guide) to schedule recording a future programme – this works on most TV’s even when the TV is off. To pause Live TV, press the <pause> button on your remote control. Please refer to your TV’s user manual for more details.
Mobile Drive XXS
The world's smallest external 2.5" hard drive with rubberized cover. Compact size, fits easily into your pocket. USB 2.0 buspowered. Conveniently compact USB 2.0 cable.