MOBILE DRIVE CLS
500GB - 1TB From 79 €
# 35239, 56169buy
Easily organise your files
Freecom’s Mobile Drive CLS – ‘Collect, Label & Store’ – makes it easy to organise your files. Each mobile hard drive can easily be labelled with one of eight coloured and customisable labels, so you can put an end to chaotic filing once and for all. With the Mobile Drive CLS, you always know exactly what is stored on each hard drive.
Blue for backups, red for movies and green for work
The possibilities are endless – one drive for movies, one for work and another for backups. Or give one to each family member so that everyone has their own device for their own files. Thanks to the clear labelling system, all it takes is a quick glance to find the drive you’re looking for. Connect up to three CLS drives to the optional USB dock to access more than one drive at once.
Connect your movie hard drive to your TV
Take your ‘movie’ CLS drive out of the storage container and connect it to your TV to enjoy a film! Each CLS drive can also be used as stand alone hard drive, making it easy to carry around. The form-fitting rubber enclosure – designed by Sylvain Willenz – gives the drive a luxurious look and feel.
USB Recording – what is it?
The last few years more and more TV’s are equipped with one or more USB port(s). We have already grown accustomed to playing back photos and movies from a USB hard drive or USB stick on the TV. Now an additional USB feature has been added to TV sets – USB Recording. If you have recently bought a new TV there is good chance that it will support USB Recording, in particular when you have bought a mid range or high end TV.
USB Recording enables you to record programmes to an external storage device directly connected to your TV via USB. Your external HDD basically acts as a videorecorder. You can also use it to pause live TV.
Please note: Only European TVs have USB recording. US models have the feature disabled due to legal issues.
With USB Recording, your external USB hard drive becomes the replacement of your HDD/DVD recorder or even your VHS videorecorders.
What do you need?
First of all you need to check if your TV supports USB recording.
Setting up USB Recording on your TV
Once you have connected your external USB hard drive to the USB recording port of your TV you can move on to initializing the USB HDD with the TV.
1. Connect the USB HDD to a free USB port on the back of the TV.
2. The USB hard drive now needs to be formatted by the TV, meaning that all current data (if any) on the hard drive will be deleted. Most TVs will recognize that there is a USB HDD inserted and will prompt you to format the USB HDD automatically, but on some models you need to enter the menu and select “format HDD” (or something similar).
3. The HDD will be formatted in a proprietary format. Next to this, the HDD will be linked to this particular TV. You therefore cannot record a TV programme on one TV, disconnect the HDD and try to watch the programme on another TV or on a computer.
4. Most TV’s allow a maximum of 8 different USB HDD’s to be initialized on that particular TV set
5. To record a programme, simply press the <record> button on your remote control (it will then record the channel you are watching), or use the timer function (in combination with your Electronic Programming Guide) to schedule recording a future programme – this works on most TV’s even when the TV is off. To pause Live TV, press the <pause> button on your remote control. Please refer to your TV’s user manual for more details.
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS FREECOM MOBILE DRIVE CLS:
PART NUMBERS: 35239, 56169
HARD DRIVE CAPACITY: 500GB, 1TB
HARD DRIVE TYPE: 2.5” SATA, low noise, low power consumption
INTERFACE: USB 2.0
DATA TRANSFER RATE: max. 480Mbit/s (USB 2.0)
POWER REQUIREMENTS: powered by computer through USB port. No adapter needed
DIMENSIONS: 10.9 x 7.9 x 1.3 cm
WEIGHT: 155 g
Operating temperature: 10º C / 35º C, Storage temperature: -20º C / 70º C, Gradient temperature: 20°C / hour (max.),
Humidity Operating temperature: 8 - 80% (non condensing)
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR DRIVE AND COMPLEMENTARY SOFTWARE:
PC: Intel or AMD CPU, 1.6GHz or higher, 512MB RAM, 2GB free hard drive space, available USB port (3.0*/2.0/1.1), Windows XP SP2/Vista/7/8
MAC: Power PC G5 or Intel Mac, 512MB RAM, 2GB free hard drive space, available USB port (2.0/1.1), Mac OS X v. 10.4 or higher
• Freecom Mobile Drive CLS
• Labels (8 pcs)
• Storage container (including index label)
• USB connection cable
• Green button software
• Quick install guide
• Free unlimited helpdesk support
• Two years manufacturers warranty
*When connected to a USB 3.0 port, the maximum data transfer speed is limited to USB 2.0 specification